Ninja veins
Remind me to avoid bloodwork as much as possible in the future. That was not fun today having my blood drawn as I continue to be a "hard stick." The person working on me was wonderful as she tried her best not to hurt me . . . But only so much can be done. Since she could not get anything out of my arm as my vein rolled away from her and went into stealthy ninja-mode, she had to go for the hand. OUCH! She did manage to hit a vein and get blood there, but only for a few seconds before it collapsed. Back to the arm we go, but not after having to take a break and guzzle more water! Finally, she hit paydirt. So, after 17 hours of fasting we finally got blood--and I was finally able to eat. The only bad thing is that my doctor forgot to mark the box that says to also type my blood, so I have a call in to him so he can contact the lab and have them do this as well. Goodness, I do not want to have to go back for another blood draw!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home